The Evertz 3405FRM is a miniature optical conversion platform. The 3505FRM can accommodate one of any Evertz 3405 series SFP, allowing the use of optical transmit, receive, regenerator or electrical distribution amplifier or changeover SFP's. Benefits of fiber optics for video transport include longer attainable distances, smaller/lighter cabling, reduced cable tray loads and electrical isolation. The 3405FRM provides an extremely compact, low-overhead means for simple electrical/optical conversion for interfacility transport, as well as overcoming the limitations imposed by coaxial cable in intra-facility applications.
3405 series SFP's are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI and 3G digital video signals, as well as other signal rates up to 3 Gig on non-reclocked versions (e.g. MADI). The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time.
- Versatile, miniature "throwdown" type enclosure can be used for low-signal count permanent or ad-hoc applications.
- "Keyhole" and zip-tie mounting provisions.
- Any 3405SFP types may be installed, including optical transmit, receive, regenerator and electrical distribution amplifier and changeover switches.
- Quad electrical connectors per SFP facilitates extra electrical distribution
- The 3405FRM-BNC provides two coaxial connections, while the 3405FRMDIN provides four connections on DIN1.0/2.3 connectors for additional signal distribution.