The 7800SRG-IP is a precision time protocol (PTP) referenced black burst sync generation module. In the modern media facility or data center, timing can be distributed along with the video and audio essence over IP. Hence, reducing or eliminating the need for traditional large coaxial black burst or sync distribution systems. This module is ideal for hybrid IP-Baseband systems which have remote edit suites, campus distributed LAN timing, WAN based systems and baseband islands. Particularly in areas which will not have traditional sync distribution systems or where the application doesn't warrant an Enterprise-level GPS-based grand master clock system (like the 5700MSC-IP). The 7800SRG-IP locks to PTP from one of the 10/100/1000BASE-T ports and generates 6x black burst outputs that are locked to the upstream grand master clock system. Each of the 6x HD-BNC outputs may be configured to provide independently timed color black (black burst) outputs or independently timed HDTV tri-level sync outputs. Also, each output can be configured to provide 10MHz, 5MHz, PAL Subcarrier, NTSC Subcarrier and other bespoke sync signals for timing to legacy equipment.
- Primary/secondary 10/100/1000 BASE-T input for timing reference
- 6x independent timeable and configurable sync outputs
- Derives frequency and phase from Precision Time Protocol (IEEE1588-J, SMPTE ST 2059-2 or AES67 profile)
- Excellent for edit suites or remote baseband islands in hybrid IP/baseband plants
- VistaLINK enabled for control