The 7881IRD2 series is the basis of a professional platform for receiving, demodulating and decoding digital ATSC/DVB-T/T2/DVB-C/C2/DVB-S/S2 satellite signals. With a compact, modular form- factor the 7881IRD2 represents one of the highest density and most flexible solutions in the industry. The 7881IRD2 may be mounted in the Evertz 7800 series of enclosures, providing a high-density, modular solution. Options for an innovative removable front control panel and 1RU chassis also allow the 7881IRD2 to be packaged in the traditional IRD2 form factor, while maintaining all of the benefits of modularity.
Applications include signal reception for broadcasters, cable, DTH and IPTV providers, or any other small to large head-end operators who need to receive and utilize or re-distribute satellite content, and also receive and distribute off-air local contents.
The 7881IRD2 series provides ASI and IP outputs, ideal for turnaround, transcoding, monitoring or other applications where the received signal remains in the compressed domain. For baseband output, the 7881IRD2 utilizes an advanced decoder with support for both MPEG2 and H.264/AVC, SD or HD encoded signals, optionally up to 4:2:2 10-bit.
Full monitoring and control of the IRD are relayed over SNMP, for convenient remote access using Evertz own VistaLINK® PRO SNMP monitoring and control package. Additionally, low-speed data support is provided for in-band control.
For applications requiring decryption, the 7881IRD2 provides two slots for installation of a customer supplied conditional access module. DVB-CI compliant conditional access modules and formats are supported.
- Modular design, allowing flexible configurations along with easy system reconfiguration and service
- May be mounted in the 7800FR series frames in high-density applications (up to seven IRD2 in one 3RU frame)
- Future-proof with upgrade paths to support future modulation and encoding technologies
- Supports on-board Input auto-failover between various inputs including RF/ ASI/ or IP inputs
- Standard support for advanced modulation schemes, including DVB-S2 with 16APSK and 32APSK
- Flexible dual decoding of SD, and HD as standard
- Support for encoding profiles from distribution to contribution grade, including H.264 in 4:2:0 8-bit and optional 4:2:2 10-bit formats, along with legacy MPEG2
- Available two DVB-CI slots for conditional access modules
- Optional BISS and BISS-E decryption
- Flexible mid-stage access to compressed domain signals, including two ASI and optional IP outputs
- Straight pass through or PID filtering/remapping of compressed stream outputs
- Standard Dolby pass through and decode of Dolby AC-3 and MPEG2 Layer 1 audio
- Optional decoding of Dolby E, Plus, AAC, and HE-AAC v1 & v2 for up to 5.1 channels
- Four AES outputs for each decode
- Optional SCTE 105/34 translation
- Optional Audio Video Monitoring (AVM) for audio mute and video freeze and black detection
- Control through web- browser or SNMP using third-party application or Evertz' own VistaLINK SNMP control and monitoring software
- Quad 8VSB tuners with tuning capabilities of pre-stored physical channels
- Signal quality monitoring, including MER, BER and TR101- P1 errors
- Quad DVB-T/T2 off-air or DVB-C/C2 cable signals