The 7881IRDA-H264HD-LB is the basis of a professional platform for receiving, demodulating and decoding digital DVB-S/S2 satellite signals. With a compact, modular form-factor the 7881IRDA represents one of the highest density and most flexible solutions in the industry. The 7881IRDA-H264HD-LB may be mounted in the Evertz 7800 series of enclosures, providing a high-density, modular solution. Options for an innovative removable front control panel and 1RU chassis also allow the IRDA to be packaged in the traditional IRDA formfactor, while maintaining all of the benefits of modularity.
Applications include signal reception for broadcasters, cable, DTH and IPTV providers, or any other small to large head-end operators who need to receive and utilize or re-distribute satellite content. The 7881IRDA series provides ASI and IP outputs, ideal for turnaround, transcoding, monitoring or other applications where the received signal remains in the compressed domain. For baseband output, the 7881IRDA utilizes an advanced decoder with support for both MPEG2 and H.264/AVC, SD or HD encoded signals, optionally up to 4:2:2 10-bit.
In addition to a quad-RF input, the 7881IRDA also provides inputs for IP and ASI signals, making it a future-proof, universal reception platform for signals delivered over satellite, fiber and other network media.
Monitoring parameters such as EsNo ratio, RF power, BER and packet errors present a convenient solution for broadcasters and cable companies who wish to not only receive, but also remotely monitor signal quality. Also. These parameters as well as Full monitoring and control of the IRDA are relayed over SNMP, for convenient remote access using Evertz own VistaLINK® PRO SNMP monitoring and control package. Additionally, low-speed data support is provided for in-band control.
For applications requiring decryption, the IRDA provides a slot for installation of a customer supplied conditional access module. DVB-CI compliant conditional access modules and formats are supported.
- Modular design, allowing flexible configurations along with easy system reconfiguration and service
- May be mounted in the 7800FR series frames in high-density applications
- Up to two units may be mounted in the 7801FR and used with the 7801CP, providing a dual-IRD solution in 1RU
- Future-proof with upgrade paths to support future modulation and encoding technologies
- Standard support for advanced modulation schemes, including DVB-S2 with 16APSK and 32APSK
- Flexible decoding of SD, and HD as standard
- Support for encoding profiles from distribution to contribution grade, including H.264 in 4:2:0 8-bit and optional 4:2:2 10-bit formats "software upgradable", along with legacy MPEG2
- Available DVB-CI slot for conditional access modules
- Available BISS and BISS-E decryption
- Flexible mid-stage access to compressed domain signals, including ASI and optional IP output along with ASI and optional IP inputs
- Straight pass through or PID filtering/remapping of compressed stream outputs
- Standard Dolby pass through and decode of Dolby AC-3 and MPEG2 Layer 1 audio
- Optional decoding of Dolby E, Plus and AAC
- Eight AES outputs
- Optional Audio Video Monitoring (AVM) for audio mute and video freeze and black detection
- Control through web-browser or SNMP using third-party application or Evertz' own VistaLINK SNMP control and monitoring software
- Optional SCTE 105/34 translation
- Ability to store ten preset configurations
- Event log support with exporting capabilities are supported on VLPRO and
- Built-in Control Port for direct control and management of the IRDA